Flu Campaign 2017/2018
We have reached that point in the year where we have started the annual flu immunisation programme.
The eligible adult patient groups are listed below:
- Aged 65 and over on 31 March 2018
- have certain chronic medical conditions
- are pregnant
- long stay in residential care home
- main carer for someone who is elderly or disabled whose welfare is at risk if you fall ill
The eligible children patient groups are listed below:
- Children over the age of six months with a long-term health condition
- children aged two and three on 31 August 2017 – that is, born between 1 September 2013 and 31 August 2015
- children in reception class and school years one, two, three and four
Children aged between six months and two years of age who are eligible for the flu vaccine should have the flu jab.
Further details about who can have the flu vaccine can be read at the link below.
NHS Choices - Who should have the flu vaccine
We have appointments available to book now from 18 September 2017 onwards so please give us a call or drop into reception to book your appointment. All appointments will be at St Lukes Medical on New Road, Brixham.
Specific flu clinics are being held on the dates below:
Tuesday 26 September: 5.30 - 7.30 pm - drop in and bookable
Saturday 30 September: 8.15 - 12.15pm - drop in and bookable
Tuesday 10 October: 5.30 - 7.30pm - drop in and bookable
Saturday 14 October: 8.15 - 12.15 - drop in and bookable
Saturday 28 October: 8.15 - 12.15 - drop in and bookable
Week commencing 9 October: under 3's vaccinations
Week commencing 15 October after 3.30pm: school age vaccinations