We are looking for your feedback
We are proposing to close the Greenswood Medical branch surgery at the beginning of April 2017 for the following reasons:
- Consolidate workforce into one place, ensuring a supportive working environment where colleagues do not feel isolated.
- Provide a continuous and structured service for patients, removing the short notice closures which have been necessary.
- Allow us to develop the Advanced Nurse Practitioner led minor illness clinics based at Brixham Hospital, currently in its infancy.
- Utilising room space at Brixham Hospital will make further good use of the existing healthcare estate in our locality, with the additional benefits of parking.
- Reduce premises costs which are currently duplicated in running two surgeries less that 0.5 miles apart, releasing funds for service improvements for the benefit of patients.
- Both St Lukes Medical Centre and Greenswood Surgery require modernisation and adaption to maintain their suitability for use as a General Practice - the cost of this replicated need is prohibitive and unaffordable for the Practice. Focusing our resource on one premises will allow to us to ensure we can provide a safe and appropriate place to deliver healthcare to our patients
We are asking for patient feedback/comments by completing the document at the link below. These forms are also available in our reception areas. Once completed you can return to either surgery or email to Stlukesmedicalcentre@nhs.net.
Patient Engagement Document